Monday, 10 July 2017

My First Lead

So after doing my level 2 last year, it was time to begin Leading some level 1 paddles, so Shane approached me to Lead the Conception Bay paddle in June. I was excited and so happy to do the first one of the season. So much fantastic support from all my paddle buddies...we had 7 sweeps :)
It was a great fun day!! 26 paddlers in 25 boats....the most paddlers I have been with at once!
Here are some pix of the day:



     Time for....

lunch at Ezekiel Cove


 This cave, which I learned is a old Adit from a Silver mine, is a very deep home for many bats and who knows what else!! Some of the Brave went inside for a look :)
 pic by Tony.
His blog of the day is here.
Thanks Tony! :)



we pretty much followed the shoreline to up along the Goat Shore and then crossed back to Ballyhack point. Some went directly to the dock from there, and others took the scenic route along the shore again to the sunken ship and then the dock.

Thanks Hazen and Ron for getting me set up.... thanks to all sweeps :).... and everyone for a Great day on the water!!
 :)





2 comments:

  1. Cathy, you did a super job on your first lead. It was well organized and controlled. Nice to see such a good uptake and participation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony,
      I hope we see these paDdlers on Wednesday nights at St. Philips!! :)

      Delete